It’s the 1st October; the start of the final quarter of the year. Where’s the rest of the year gone? Absolutely no idea.
The Write Romantics are incredibly busy at the moment. As well as welcoming new member, Sharon, celebrating the launch of Rachael’s debut novel, and the Super September publishing-deal news for Harriet and me, we’re gearing up to the launch of our very own charity anthology, ‘Winter Tales – Stories to Warm Your Heart’. Even the sound of the title makes me want to curl up on a large armchair by a roaring fire and read, read, read. And eat chocolate. And probably drink wine too but let’s not go there!
Without further ado, we’re thrilled to confirm the final guest list and the running order of stories in our anthology. The Write Romantics have seen this already (hot out of the hat last night because that was the only fair way to do it) but this will be the first time our guests have seen the full list. We’re delighted to have a mix of lengths, genres and settings for our stories. The one thing they all have in common is the winter-setting and the uplifting feel.
- Jessica Redland – Not Just Another Winter’s Tale
- Rhoda Baxter – Reserved
- Zanna Mackenzie – Seasonal Encounters of the Cafe Kind
- Jay Bartlett – In All The Wrong Places
- Harriet James – Winter Melody
- Alison May – The Handsome Stranger
- Holly Martin – Loving Mr Perfect
- Kerry Fisher – 1st & 2nd chapter of The Divorce Domino
- Sharon Booth – The Other Side of Christmas
- Sarah Painter – The Art of Giving
- Jackie Ladbury – All I Want for Christmas
- Helen Phifer – The Bookshop of Dreams
- Jennifer Bohnet – Muriel’s Christmas Surprise
- Harriet James – Wherever I’ll Be
- Helen J Rolfe – Christmas in July
- Alys West – A Pistol For Propriety
- Terri Nixon – A Tooth for a Tooth
- Annie Lyons – It’s a Wonderful Life
- Linda Huber – Something Blue
- Sarah Lewis – Ghosts of Christmas
- Rachael Thomas – Meet Me At Midnight
- Lynne Pardoe – Into My Loving Arms
- Samantha Tonge – An Early Christmas Present
- Harriet James – Butterfly Nights
We’ve been proofreading, writing the blurb, opening a bank account, liaising with the charities (Teenage Cancer Trust and Cystic Fibrosis Trust), writing our dedications, organising an introduction from Dr Carol Cooper … the list goes on! Our typesetter (who also happens to be my husband) is currently setting the pages and we’ve had a peek this evening of the first draft of the cover which is very exciting. We hope to do a full reveal within the next week or so.
Please keep checking back for more news, both about our anthology and about another very exciting development within The Write Romantics.
Bye for now.